An ideal sports makeup ought not to leave your face smeared up or full of pimples. Wrong selection of the makeup will only leave you a hot mess at the end of the game! It is not advisable to wear a lot of makeup during sports. However, if one has to apply some foundation or mascara, go for products that can withstand perspiration. A wrong product will melt off your foundation, it is important to note that sweat provides an ideal environment for Zit causing bacteria.
Owing to the fact that many girls are used to having some makeup, they would feel naked or dirty if they missed it. Here is a list of the basic makeup foundation picks:
· Go for a makeup with a light coverage: Heavier coverage makeups have more pigment that can be trapped under your skin resulting into pimples. The silicone makeups are ideal for sports. Why silicone? Well, the silicone molecules are too large to penetrate in your skin not forgetting that they are also water resistant too. Don’t know which makeup to pick? Why not try one for combination skin.
· Oil free makeup: Secondly, one ought to go for an oil free makeup. Do you want to look good and play well too? The answer is both but then your skin needs to breathe to avoid fatigue and muscle cramps. On the other hand, oil based makeup trap the sweat under the makeup causing it to smear. In addition to that, non-comadogenic or non-acnegenic makeups are a good choice too.
· Sunscreen: During any sport activity especially outdoor activities such as athletic or field hockey, the skin is exposed to the sun for a long time. The sunscreen lotion protects your skin against harmful rays. The product ought to be as water proof as possible, prior to applying the sunscreen, it is important to wear a foundation. Lastly, don’t forget to wash off the make up after the exercise.
Best makeup brands
Some of the best makeup brands ideal for sports include:
· Skindinavia, the product is oil free thus preventing instances of melting, creasing or slipping of the makeup. It gives a professional natural look.
· Roe cosmetics, the products create a long lasting natural look. It is interesting to note that the products are made from natural minerals such as zinc oxide and titanium oxide which are insoluble.
It is important to note that wearing of earrings’ is greatly dangerous; it may reap off your ear! Other things that you ought not to wear are hair clippers, bracelets or rings. Depending on the sporting activity you may or may not be allowed to have a wrist watch. In addition to that, it is important to realize that some sporting activities do not allow for makeup-no makeup zone. Such sporting activities include swimming; the water will only wash off your eyeliner or your spray foundation. Lastly, it is important to get the right product to avoid skin damages or pimples. Research for the best makeup brand for your sport activity type!